Marriage in Sweden
Since 2009 Sweden has a sex neutral relationship laws, whichimplies that very same sexual pairs can obtain wed under the same healthconditions as opposite sex married couples. As a foreign citizen without residency in Sweden you can, in many cases, also acquire married in Sweden.
Requirements and also techniques when marrying
You don’ t need to live( possess post degree residency) in Sweden or possess aswedish womencitizenship to receive wed in Sweden. If neither of the two possess Swedishcitizenship or even residency in Sweden, they require have residency (or even one have citizenship and also the other one possess post degree residency) in a country where same sex partnership or marital relationship is legal.
Inquiry in to obstacles to marital relationship
Before a married couple can easily get married to, the SwedishIncome Tax Agency (Skatteverket) have to carry out an inquiry right into obstacles of marital relationship (hindersprövning). The bride and groom should submit a created ask for to the SwedishTax Obligation Company. Application, sadly only in Swedish, may be located at the Firm’ s website.
According to Swedishregulation, the complying withare actually considered obstacles to marriage:
- being under the grow older of 18 (the Region Administrative Panel (Länsstyrelsen) may approve an exception coming from this policy)
- being married or signed up as companion to a person apart from the one you are about to wed
- being carefully pertaining to the individual you’ re visiting wed; a linear straight ascendant or even spin-off or a complete sibling. Embraced brother or sisters are looked at full siblings by the regulation, however may receive consent to marry coming from the County Administrative Board, to get married to.
When the SwedishTax Agency has produced the questions you get a certificate revealing that the inquiry is finished and, if all works out, a relationship certificate. The certification holds for 4 months from the day of qualification. The certificates are to be provided to the main conducting the wedding.
Foreigners not residing in Sweden
If the bride and groom are actually foreigners not staying in Sweden, they may just receive wed if eachof them possess a legal right to get married to or sign up a collaboration depending on to the law of the state were they possess residency or citizenship. It’ s adequate if bothof all of them have post degree residency, or even among all of them possesses citizenship and also the various other one has post degree residency, in a country were actually the couple possess a lawful right to wed or sign up a collaboration.
If some of the them is actually a swedish women resident or even have residency in Sweden, they may wed in Sweden even when the different partner possesses post degree residency or citizenship in a country were it’ s prohibited for same-sex pairs to acquire married/register an alliance.
The individual without an official hookup to Sweden have to (about the submitting of the created request for a concern into inhibitions of relationship) make a private browse throughto an Income tax Agency office to give relevant information concerning place of birth, native land, citizenship, sexual activity, marital condition as well as, if needed to have, submit a deed of separation or a deathcertification of a past partner.
In situations where none of the prospective spouses possess a professional hookup, bothof all of them have to send either:
- a marriage permit given out by a qualified authorization in their condition of citizenship or post degree residency, or even
- a certification revealing the suitable policies of legislation in eachof their states of citizenship or even post degree residency as well as a certification revealing their marital standing. The certifications are actually simply legitimate when issued by a capable authority in the condition to whichthey are applicable, or even by a skilled home authorization in Sweden (like a consular office or even other equal authorization).
None of the certifications might be mucholder than four months.